I aim to keep my base fees as low as possible IF you live within 5 miles of my home office (near the NW corner of University of Florida campus), you pay by cash or check (I pass the fee Square for credit cards charges on to you), and you schedule an appointment between 10am and 4 pm on weekdays and 10am and 2pm on weekends and have called for this appointment prior to 3pm weekdays and noon on weekends.
Euthanasia base fee: $130 - $225+ based on the size of your pet. (Typically $130 for cats, $150 for dogs under 50 lbs., $175 for dogs between 50 and under 75 lbs., $200 for dogs up to 100 lbs. and $220 or more for dogs over 100 lbs.) Trip fee is additional (see immediately below).
Additional fees (add as many as apply) beyond the above base fee:
1. Aggressive pets: If your pet is aggressive, I can usually handle this reasonably well, but there will be extra charges based on the need for additional (usually oral) medications and the longer time frame necessary for the sedatives to take effect.
2. Distances greater than 5 miles: (The trip fee is waived if you live within 5 miles of my home office which is near the most western/northern UF campus area.) Otherwise, there is an additional charge of $2.00 per mile roundtrip for a one way distance of 5-29 miles. If (measured by my GPS) you live 30-39.9 miles away there will be a flat rate of $400.00 during regular hours and if you live 40-49 miles away the charge will be $500.00. (Additional fees will still apply for appointments not in the 10 am-4 pm timeframe (10-2 on weekends), if you call for an appointment after 3 on weekdays or after 12 on weekends, or if your animal is aggressive requiring additional care and medications.)
3. Out of hours appointments: Appointments scheduled before 10:00 am or after 4:00 pm M-F OR appointments scheduled for after 2 pm on weekends will incur an additional $100.00-200.00 fee (or more). Ask for a quote.
4. Emergency and/or holiday appointments (if they can be accommodated) will also incur an extra $200.00 fee.
5. Appointments made when you call me to request one (for the same day) after 3 pm weekdays or noon on weekends). Same day calls are not charged an emergency fee unless it is urgent for me to drop what I'm doing and come immediately if I am able, OR you call to schedule a same day appointment after 3 on weekdays or after noon on weekends as stated above.
6. Quality of life assessments with examination of the pet in addition to (or without euthanasia) are $100 plus mileage during regular hours.
7. Credit card payment: percentage charged by Square equals:
130 + $4.50; $150 +$5.25; 175 + $6.00; 200 +$10; 400 + $14.00 and 500 + $17.00
8. A $20 charge will be incurred if I have to re-dose the sedative/anesthetic medication.
Cremation services are additional and must be arranged by you. See "Services offered" page for details. This has always worked well for me, but I understand if you would prefer to have the veterinarian take care of the arrangements. If so, Lap of Love- Gainesville will do this for you and I highly recommend them.
I can accept CASH, CHECKS, OR CREDIT CARDS (fee charged (3.5-4.5%) by Square will be added). Payment is due at the time of services- I am unable to bill.